Decibel Rating On PowerCore IV (quiet)

2 replies to this topic
  • Keyser_Zoze

Posted April 19, 2001 - 09:24 PM

Anyone have a true decibel rating on the new PowerCore IV SQUARED SA QUIET version? Anyone now how many decibels the Stock Power Up Baffle is?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 20, 2001 - 07:36 PM

I called FMF Friday to ask the same question.
The guy I talked to was no rocket launcher. He had no info, didn't know of anyone who did, and said that all the performance specs would be listed on the web site some time in May or as soon as they were available. I don't know the decible rating for the Honda baffle but I'm running one and I'm the quietest 4 stroke everywhere I've been so far. The noise level is very close to my friends XR650L with an E.A.R. Supertrap.
FYI I talked to Mike @ Big Gun about their Quiet series. He said the noise level was much louder than the Honda performance baffle. If you find a good quiet one let me know.

[This message has been edited by KBeach (edited 04-20-2001).]

• EX_CR500_Rider

Posted April 26, 2001 - 07:08 PM

The latest Dirt Rider Magazine says the dicible rating is 96. I have a 5 day old XR650R and I have the "quiet" power core tip. The sound is great, but quiet its not. Once I put that on with the power up kit, it became the monster I was looking for. I don't miss my CR 500 any more!

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.