Anyone use Motorex?

5 replies to this topic
  • gonzo

Posted September 03, 2004 - 08:14 AM

Just curious what you think of it?

• probracing1

Posted September 03, 2004 - 08:40 AM

never heard of "Motorex". :thumbsup: what is it?

• gonzo

Posted September 03, 2004 - 09:25 AM

Go to http://www.motorexusa.com. Make sure you use the www or it wont work.

They are an oil company.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 03, 2004 - 09:51 AM

I have heard of it, but I haven't seen it locally. As I understand it, however, they make an oil that is graded JASO Grade MA. JASO is the Japanese counterpart of the API, and was actually formed in response to concerns of Japanese manufacturers of high performance four-strokes that the newer API oils were going down the wrong road with respect to adding or removing additives to satisfy the EPA. They were particularly concerned with the removal of the sulfur-based wear reducers found in API SG oils that most of them recommended for their engines (check your service manual). To address this, JASO came up with 2 grades specifically for high performance motorcycles. The first, MA is directly analogous to API SG, and can be used in any engine needing an SG oil, including those with wet clutches in the same oiling system. The second, MB is basically an MA (API SG) with friction modifiers to further reduce friction, and can only be used in engines like the CRFs that separate the clutch from the engine.

I use Golden Spectra 10w-40 synthetic blend graded JASO MA, API SG. Motorex is a reputable oil maker, so I would guess that their MA oils would give similar good results, but, as I say, I haven't used them. But I'd look at it if I ever see it.

• SureBlue

Posted September 04, 2004 - 07:06 AM

Motorex is OK, all new Katooms come with Motorex, so it cannot be BS. Anyway, most important is you change the oil often and that the type is correct; I change every 2-3 hours.

• Hamish

Posted September 05, 2004 - 12:58 AM

I run Motorex valveguard in my fuel, but havent used the oil as yet. It's got a good name down here in Oz due to the Marmont brothers doing a clean sweep on the SX series on their Motorex KTM's. On the subjet, I believe the Marmont brothers are heading (maybe already there) to USA to race. They could be the next big Ozy Export.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.