Want to raise handlebars on my Pig

6 replies to this topic
  • dennisthe

Posted September 03, 2004 - 07:49 AM

Hey, any suggestions as to which bar/riser to buy to raise the handlebars on my 650R to help with the woods riding here in Maine? Also, I have an edelbrock carb coming for it so I don't know how long the cable will be.

Thanks for any input,

Ernie

• Docmarkw

Posted September 03, 2004 - 08:50 AM

I'm 6'3 and have never felt overly comfortable riding in the standing position on my pig because I'm hunched over and can't stand straight. I bought a pair of Jimmy Button (Renthal) bars and probably got maybe 1 to 1 1/2 inche rise from this set up. The bars work with a scotts stabilizer also. I would still like to raise the bars a little higher, but can't due to cable lengths. The current set up is much better then before and allows me to stand and lock my knees when on long less demanding trails. The next step for me is to purchase longer cables and add a tripple clamp riser. I will need to check if this will be possible with the damper setup.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted September 03, 2004 - 10:57 AM

I am not tall but when I stand do not like being hunched over. I too use the Jimmy Hutton renthal bars. I don't believe they make anything taller. I also cut 1 inch off the end of the bars in order to get the stock cables to fit.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jws

Posted September 03, 2004 - 11:58 AM

Hey, any suggestions as to which bar/riser to buy to raise the handlebars on my 650R

i used to run the thumper racing bar risers with the jimmy button renthals :thumbsup: the stock cables will work - you just have to route them a little different :lol: i think the cables that come with the edelbrock are a little longer :awww:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

now iam running a GPR 2.0 with applied clamp and bars its real close to my first set up but i like riding with the stabilizer alot better :devil: ( kinda like cheating ) :lol: :D :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

jeff :D

• dennisthe

Posted September 03, 2004 - 05:21 PM

Hey, any suggestions as to which bar/riser to buy to raise the handlebars on my 650R

i used to run the thumper racing bar risers with the jimmy button renthals :thumbsup: the stock cables will work - you just have to route them a little different :devil: i think the cables that come with the edelbrock are a little longer :awww:

Those risers look nice. Where can I find them and would you suggest trying the risers first or the JB bars?

Thanks for the responses

• FlyByWire

Posted September 03, 2004 - 05:24 PM

I ran the exact same setup as JWS, just sold my whole setup. I'm 6'7".. It was pretty good for me. I now run the exact setup as JWS again.. GPR, Pastrana freestyle pro tapers. I liked the setup with the risers, did have to 're-route' the throttle cables a little, and rotate the throttle tube.

• Kev_XR

Posted September 03, 2004 - 06:10 PM

You might want to do a search on the XR250/400 forum.

Risers and taller bars are a common add on to the XR400's.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.