BEWARE XR OWNERS

4 replies to this topic
  • sKiNNyWhEaT

Posted April 03, 2001 - 12:09 AM

after installing a 430 big bore kit, headporting and jeting. my XR430 decided to break a rod!! destroying bothe case's, the cylinder , piston and bending several shifting shafts and bending the counter shaft! completely destroying the motor! this was after 12+ HARD rides.
if your gonna go big bore and POWER, GET A NEW ROD!!!i will get pics of all of it. just to let you guys see a nasy rod break.
anyone gotta spare xr engine???

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 03, 2001 - 11:38 AM

sKiNNyWhEaT, Should I disregard the post about you "ripping a WR426 a new A!!??? :) Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sKiNNyWhEaT

Posted April 03, 2001 - 03:33 PM

no way dude!! the power my xr was making far exceeded the rods strength!. gimme about 1 month and ill show you guys a 442 electric start :D. that will have those blue bikes scared on sight. :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 03, 2001 - 04:06 PM

sKiNNyWhEaT, Sounds cool!!!!! But to keep up with my WR426F you'll have to do 103mph for a while, Just make sure you use tons of lock-tite on that bad boy!! :) Have fun SW, Dan

• TwinSparXR

Posted April 03, 2001 - 06:00 PM

The electric start 442 sounds sweet, I'm going to be putting my XR chassis back together with E-start, just like my 406 already is. you'll make every other XR and YZ/WR owner jelous every time you hit the button.

Kevin

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.