XR650R hop ups?

6 replies to this topic
  • TwinSparXR

Posted March 21, 2001 - 03:48 PM

I just got my XR650R today after work I'm ready to start with all the goodies.

I've read all the posts and know I need the intake manifold, the 170-175 main jet, the 68s pilot jet, but is the needle in my southern IL XR650R already the right one?

The needle is realy what I'm not clear on, if I do need a diferent needle what is the part # ?

Also my dealers Honda parts computor program, his microfisch and the service manual do not show the hop up parts part #'s.

I've already orderd a White Bro's E-series exhaust for it so I don't need the exhaust tip.

Thanks Kevin

• NMSteve

Posted March 22, 2001 - 06:36 AM

Kevin,

Have you got the part numbers yet ? If you haven't, you can go to www.justxr.com and in the section "Removing the EPA parts from a stock XR650R", it list the part numbers with some other tips.
PS My dealer did install a new needle with the 170 main jet.

Hope this helps :)
Steve

------------------
00/01 XR650R

• TwinSparXR

Posted March 29, 2001 - 05:34 PM

I just rode the 650 uncorked with the WB e-series pipe on it for the first time today. WOOOOWW!! WOW WOW!! I've been riding this bike bone stock for a full week, the power increase is UNBELIEVABLE.
To fully apreciate what these mods do for this bike you realy need to ride it for awhile stock. I'm not sure how the rear tire is still on the rim.
If I ever get used to the power this thing is making I will be seriously suprised.
My main goal for his bike is to dual sport, short trips to work and town and some events, I think I made a good choice.

Kevin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bigbore

Posted March 31, 2001 - 06:59 AM

I have a 2000 650r with Xrs Only stainless header and stainless pipe.Al Bakers has me running a 80 pilot and 180 main jet and powerup needle.Word of advice,get the Uni air filter kit with backfire screen, and a 1.8 radiator cap and Al bakers temp dipstick temperature gauge.

• bigdmc

Posted July 02, 2008 - 07:40 AM

If you want another WOW! throw that stock carb in the trash and put a Keihin FCR carb on it they are expensive but worth every penny I just put one on after my POS Edlebrock wore out and had to go back to the uncorked stock carb for a while and after a week or two just could not get used to the lack of power and the on and off throttle.

• HeadTrauma

Posted July 02, 2008 - 10:45 AM

This thread is over seven years old. :thumbsup:

It's a good idea to examine the timeliness of a thread before replying to it. In this case, there is a very good chance that the original poster found the answer they needed sometime over the last seven years.

• BenDiesel

Posted July 02, 2008 - 11:43 AM

This thread is over seven years old. :p

It's a good idea to examine the timeliness of a thread before replying to it. In this case, there is a very good chance that the original poster found the answer they needed sometime over the last seven years.

lol
:thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.