no 5th gear in the 426!!!!!!!!!!! 2002

5 replies to this topic
  • TandA_Graphix

Posted September 02, 2004 - 11:18 AM

my buddy owns the 426, he works alot of hours so i told him i would try and findout the fix for the problem. Well there is no 5th gear, the bike only has 900 miles on it and its a 2002. He dont ride moto-cross or anything, we just ride the trails, we ride em hard. So he got new plates and changed em, nothing happened, so he bought new clutch, nothing happened, just no 5th period. is there a recall on this?? has anyone else had this happen?? and how do we go about fixing it, if there isnt a recall or something??
:thumbsup:
thanks for your help!!!

• Math

Posted September 02, 2004 - 03:17 PM

Whatever it is a 2001 or 2002, a stock WR426f has 5 gears .

Transmission problem for sure but don't know what it is, sorry.

• yamaha.dude

Posted September 02, 2004 - 03:21 PM

Has he ever had fifth gear? Bike running, or stopped...?

Throwing new parts at an undiagnosed problem is an expensive way to try out theories...

We need more info...

and remember, it is 1 down, 4 up... :devil: :thumbsup:

David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 02, 2004 - 04:05 PM

It is A WR correct? Not a YZF, maybe they stuck a YZF tranny in it? Jeff

• krasd

Posted September 03, 2004 - 03:58 PM

Yeah I owen this bike it's a 2002 Wr426 and it is a five speed trans one down four up. It still runs but in fifth gear the chain spins and does not grab to move the motorcycle it is like it is in neutural but the chain is spinning. All other gears are very stiff in shifting. Yeah changing the clutch didn't help, even though it wasn't slipping that bad at that time it only felt like chatter. :thumbsup:

• wrooster

Posted September 03, 2004 - 07:37 PM

the shift fork is bent or 5th gear is toothless.
open up the cases and see which one it is.

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.