XR650R JETTING

3 replies to this topic
  • XR650RFIRE

Posted February 24, 2001 - 03:30 PM

I'm trying to get my XRs jetting right. I'm running with a 65 pilot,170 main,and the performance needle from XR's only. This is the jetting that SRC recommends for the XR with a med Exhaust system. I'm thinking of switching to a 68 pilot, 175 main because it seems to be runing a little lean now. I have tooken all the EPA crap off, installed the smog blockoff kit(xr's only),UNI airfilter, and have a E series exhaust on it. Does anyone have any recommendations?

[This message has been edited by XR650RFIRE (edited 02-24-2001).]

• Matt96xr6

Posted February 24, 2001 - 08:11 PM

I know the carbs are a bit different. But on my xr6 with aftermarket header, gutted air screen, twinn air filter, & supertrap Pro 4" exhaust I have the car jetted at 70 pilot, 165 main. I have run a 178 main, but no difference. I found a lot of the jetting was in the pilot to get the bike to start and idle easily.

Check on http://www.justxr.com

They have a bit of info on the 650. They may have a link or more of a guide to get it jetted properly.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Clark_Mason

Posted February 25, 2001 - 01:36 PM

Im running the following jetting with a uncorked XR650R and a WB "R" series exhaust:

PJ = 68S
Needle = Honda Hop up #3 from the top
Needle Jet = Honda Hop up
Main Jet = 170 to 175 depending on altitude

Clark

[This message has been edited by Clark Mason (edited 02-25-2001).]

• RunAnywhere

Posted July 19, 2002 - 04:27 PM

I'm running a 93 650l with your jetting. Same mods with an air box mod and k & n filter. I had been running real rich, but still popping quite a bit. The idle mixture took care of both problems. Runs great.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.