XR650R Green or Red Sticker??

5 replies to this topic
  • LostCoastRider

Posted February 19, 2001 - 10:00 PM

I currently own a DRZ400, and love it for off-road riding. Unfortunately, I cannot get a plate for the bike since it is a red-sticker bike here in California.

I am considering a summer trip to Alaska, and I'm thinking about buying a 650R for that trip. Can you get a license for it here in CA? Is it a red or green sticker bike? Thanks for the help.

• RonMcQ

Posted February 19, 2001 - 01:44 PM

The XR 650 is a green sticker bike. I really wanted the DRZ-E with a street plate, but found it not available in Calif like you said Red sticker only. Started looking at the XR's and decided on the 400 to save some weight. The dealer I bought from in LA was willing to sell either bike with a plate with the addition of the Baja Designs kit. BTW I checked the vin #'s on quite a few XR's and found none with a C or 3 in the 8th position.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 28, 2001 - 11:52 AM

Originally posted by LostCoastRider:
I currently own a DRZ400, and love it for off-road riding. Unfortunately, I cannot get a plate for the bike since it is a red-sticker bike here in California.

I am considering a summer trip to Alaska, and I'm thinking about buying a 650R for that trip. Can you get a license for it here in CA? Is it a red or green sticker bike? Thanks for the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted February 28, 2001 - 11:59 AM

Originally posted by LostCoastRider:

Check this info before you buy anything. I was told by a Yamaha dealer that you can street register your CA bike in Vermont. Then, after 90 days, transfer it to CA. He had Street plates on his desk for customers he had already done this for. I bought the XR650R with a BJD kit. I knew this bike was a no hastle registration. Good luck.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 04, 2001 - 07:47 PM

On the WR400 board, there is a guy from San Diego who reported that he registered in Vermont. Shortly after he registered in CA for the street, he recieved a letter from DMV saying he must surrender the plates and I think replaced the plate with a red sticker--BULLS**T!!??

• RonMcQ

Posted March 05, 2001 - 04:17 PM

Saw a posting from the DRZ board about a street plate being revoked from a DRZ-E also. He had done the registration in Vermont then re-registered here in Calif. Went down to Baja Designs for some parts last week and they were putting together a couple of WR's with street kits. When asked, they said they were going to be registered in Vermont, wait 90 days then re-registered back in Calif. Wished them luck and bought the parts for my street plated XR400.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.