Brake line question?

6 replies to this topic
  • RandyS

Posted September 01, 2004 - 11:45 AM

Why can't you shorten the stock line for CR routing? Is it smaller than anything used on tractors or trucks? I know many tractor places make their own.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 01, 2004 - 01:08 PM

I prefer to buy a CR routed brakeline for Yamaha....Fastline or Galfer make them.

• Radbuster

Posted September 01, 2004 - 01:28 PM

The tractor guys can make one for you and cheaper than an "official dirt bike brake line." I got mine hand made at a marine shop for about $45. Just bring them the old one, tell them the new length you need and where it needs to be shortened. The importnat part are the "connector" (or whatever they are called) angles. I overdid mine a bit, but I think the lower one connected to the caliper should be about 20 degrees. Flat won't clear the caliper and 45 deg. makes a little too much angle. On the top reservoir connection I asked for 20 degrees, but would rather have made it flat/0 deg. The connector ends can be swiveled/rotated around, so where they point initially doesn't matter. And point out the plastic shell/ guider and that it runs up and down the fork. These guys do this all the time, so it'll be a no brainer.

I bet Fastline really doesn't want anybody to know it's this simple. :thumbsup:
Later

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RCannon

Posted September 01, 2004 - 02:21 PM

If you have a chance, could you please post a picture of the line? I would love to see your "homemade" version.

• RandyS

Posted September 01, 2004 - 02:26 PM

Thanks, I just got back from a hyrdaulic shop. $32.00 to build me a steel braided one complete.

• craddock

Posted September 01, 2004 - 03:10 PM

The tractor guys can make one for you and cheaper than an "official dirt bike brake line." I got mine hand made at a marine shop for about $45.

I will sell you a brand new Honda routed Steel braided brake line from Ride eng.(actually Galfer) for $50
Will fit YZ125/250/250f/400f/426f/450f
I have done this mod to all my YZ's. Could not stand the Brakes before
J

• Radbuster

Posted September 04, 2004 - 12:44 AM

Sorry, haven't got a digital camera yet. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.