Bubbling Graphics - Any Advice?

4 replies to this topic
  • wr_tree

Posted September 01, 2004 - 07:31 AM

The graphics are starting to bubble on one side of my gas tank on my 01 WR426. Any advice on how to stop this from spreading or to what may have caused it in the first place? The bike is practically brand-new and the other side of the tank is fine. I am sure this has been addressed countless times in the past but it is new to me.
Thank for your help!
Tree

• CRF230Fmelike

Posted September 01, 2004 - 07:40 AM

try taking a needle and poping the whole, then push down on the bubble...just dont poke to hard and put a whole in your tank :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5valve

Posted September 02, 2004 - 11:02 AM

its because the plastic cant stop the fuel to evaporate through it so it gets caught under sticker

that leads to another thought...fuel stored in plastic looses its octane number

• TandA_Graphix

Posted September 02, 2004 - 11:23 AM

take a hair drier to the bubble and push it out, or just use pin needle. a small roller with hair drier or credit card will push it out with help of heat from hair drier.

• Eric_F

Posted September 02, 2004 - 01:35 PM

Ig you look at the graphic, does it have small incisions in it? That's so the vapor can escape. If not, you can probably take a razorblade or needle to nick it in the problem areas.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.