XR650R vs DRZ400E

4 replies to this topic
  • Mackan

Posted January 21, 2001 - 09:10 PM

Can anyone give me advise on witch bike to buy...??
Can you use the drz400e on the street or is it useless on the road..???
Can you use the xr650r in the woods/mx track or is it just a porky pigg???????????

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 23, 2001 - 07:12 AM

The 650 is just too big for the mx track. Why are you comparing the 650 with the DRZ400? Why not the XR400? Then you just have to decide whether or not electric start is important to you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bmframe

Posted May 16, 2015 - 10:03 PM

I own a 650r and personally I wouldn't ride either on a track. I have rode both bikes and I like my 650. It's does feel heavy in the tight stuff but having the torque up hills is handy. It's fun to ride on the street too, although a sixth gear would be nice.

• Muzz67

Posted May 16, 2015 - 10:52 PM

you might be better off looking at WRF's or EXC-F's.   However very few machines will be really good at MXtype riding and road riding.

Even if you settle on a bike,  no tyres will never suit both.......

• MCVL

Posted May 17, 2015 - 06:02 AM

Wow, 14 years

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.