white bros e series?

8 replies to this topic
  • jjk

Posted August 31, 2004 - 06:04 PM

I took my discs off to inspect my exhaust.. At the end of the discs, closest to the back there is a flat disc.. Is this the spark arrestor? If i remove it will it free up more power? Also I am running 6 dics, what does adding more or putting less on do for the power?

• TallJohn

Posted August 31, 2004 - 11:32 PM

The flat disk is the spark arrestor. More disks = more power = more Db. I think 6 is about the minimum you should have so depending on how loud you are prepared to go, try taking some out.

• jjk

Posted September 02, 2004 - 06:55 PM

I romoved my spark arrestor today to test it out. It reved faster and had less power. I was still curious if anyone knows what adding discs does for the power? More discs more bottom, or less bottom? less discs more top?? :thumbsup:

• Nate_R

Posted September 02, 2004 - 08:08 PM

You should try a coke can it will give you more power than what you got, Bubba. :devil:
___________________________________________________________________ :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jjk

Posted September 03, 2004 - 08:09 AM

You should try a coke can it will give you more power than what you got, Bubba. :awww:

___________________________________________________________________ :thumbsup:

Well then it would be too heavy, and if it was too heavy i would lose sleep and not be able to function. and if i couldnt function then i wouldnt be able to interact with all of my nerd friends on an intellectual level...... :devil:

• yamaharichey

Posted September 03, 2004 - 01:55 PM

The more discs more power in the higher revs, the less discs more power in the bottom end. try 8 discs that semms the best for sound and power.

• Nate_R

Posted September 04, 2004 - 01:52 PM

I made a mistake you should not use a coke can. Use a mountain dew can you nerd.

• luke_n

Posted September 06, 2004 - 04:33 AM

I got 12 so i put em all in, sounds alright to me.

• redrocket190

Posted September 07, 2004 - 11:36 AM

The documentation that comes with the pipe suggests that 12 discs will get you the best powerband for a WR400F. Using less discs makes the bike quieter, with less top-end power.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.