Coolant Resivoir Cap?

3 replies to this topic
  • SmallMonkey

Posted August 31, 2004 - 03:48 PM

I just bought a '99 WR400 and I noticed a small amount of coolant coming out the resivoir cap.
I took the cap off, and it looks like it's designed to open under high pressure, but now it won't close again!

How do I make the cap stay closed / or solve the problem?

Thanks, gentlemen!

• ovrrdrive

Posted August 31, 2004 - 03:59 PM

Buy a new cap. They're pretty cheap and un-fixable when they go bad.

I just realized you have a wr which has an actual reservoir... Are you talking about the radiator cap or the reservoir cap?

I was guessing you meant the radiator cap...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SmallMonkey

Posted August 31, 2004 - 04:07 PM

Buy a new cap. They're pretty cheap and un-fixable when they go bad.

I just realized you have a wr which has an actual reservoir... Are you talking about the radiator cap or the reservoir cap?

I was guessing you meant the radiator cap...

Nope...this is the actual RESIVOIR (under the left side panel), not the radiator!

• Jackazz

Posted August 31, 2004 - 05:42 PM

Go to http://yamaha.dgy.com/parts.aspx & use the Yamaha OEM Parts finder.

26H-21875-00-00 CAP $7.69
26H-21874-00-00 GASKET $1.67

Pretty cheap I'd say.
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.