what kind of range do you get?

6 replies to this topic
  • RIP

Posted January 04, 2001 - 02:29 AM

hey people im thinking on getting a 650r,for dual sporting .Sounds like its real plush but im curious how far you guys can go on a tank of gas?

• Clark_Mason

Posted January 04, 2001 - 07:16 PM

I get between 24 and 32 miles per gallon depending on riding condtions. The stock tank is 2.6 gallons. IMS makes 3.2, 4.6 and 7.0 gallon tanks, Clarke makes a nice 4.3 gallon tank and Acerbis also makes larger tanks.

In stock trim I would for planning purposes estimate 60 miles max out of a tank to be a little on the safe side. If there is plenty of top gear street crusing you could get 75 or 80 out of a tank but to be safe figure on 60 and get there.

There are plenty of tank options if stock range is a problem.

Clark

• ToddW

Posted January 12, 2001 - 08:54 AM

I use 2.2 gal. of fuel for a 40 mile desert race. That's about as far as I like to push it. I've thought about getting a IMS 3.4 tank with Dry-Break but haven't come up with the money yet. If you ride resonable, I would guess that you could get 50-60 miles out of the stock tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x thread

Posted October 14, 2005 - 08:34 AM

get a ims 3.2 .first trip out went 106 miles then hit reserve .thats street and dirt good enough for me .199.00 plus tax shipped direct to you're door in two days .!!!!!!!!!!

• Supplicate

Posted October 14, 2005 - 08:38 AM

I have a 4.6 gallon IMS and have taken several ~ 140 mile round trips without coming close to needing reserve.

Dunno about max range since I don't pay attention to gas mileage on the toys.

• TREADMARKS

Posted October 14, 2005 - 09:04 AM

I dunno if it helps or not but I have a XR650L with a Clarke 4.7 and I can go 200 miles before hitting reserve. 50 MPG with street tires, 16/45 and a stage one cam.

• qadsan

Posted October 14, 2005 - 10:47 AM

get a ims 3.2 .first trip out went 106 miles then hit reserve .thats street and dirt good enough for me .199.00 plus tax shipped direct to you're door in two days .!!!!!!!!!!

x thread, why do you continue to bring back dead threads?

This thread was dead for more than 4.5 years until you resurected it. In fact, none of these guys your replying to above are currently active here on TT. RIP ended up buying a DRZ400 instead of a 650r. Clark Mason sold his 650r long ago for a KTM and hasn't posted on on TT for ~10 months and ToddW hasn't posted on TT for ~22 months and this thread was last replied to on 1/12/2001 before you resurected it.

If you're bringing the threads back on purpose that's one thing, but if you're trying to reply to people in this and other threads, then you may be more effective if you're replying to current threads :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.