Tranny Problems???

No replies to this topic
  • simch

Posted August 31, 2004 - 07:09 AM

HI all. Just been out for about 60 miles this moring on some off road lanes near me, a beuatiful day here in the UK. My bike is an 04 WR 450 Uk model, with about 500 miles on it, about 50/50 on/off road.
Ride went well, but I noticed a couple of transmission "shunts" in 2nd and 3rd, under high load from low speed. First, the drive appeared to be coming in and out for about thre or four "shunts" lasting about half a second each, then all appeared fine. Next thing, all drive was lost from 2nd gear, again lowish speed, high load and it appeared to have jumped out of gear?
I later adjusted the clutch on the fly adjuster, and nothing hapened again all moring. When I ragged the thing along, it seemed ok, but am concenred I may ahve a problem that will mainfeast itself on some tricky steep 2nd gear climb.

Anyone else ever had this or know what it may be a symptom for? The motor all seems a bit rattly, but to be honest I have always thought that about this bike. I checekd the big nut under the clutch a few weeks back follwing advice on here regards to noisy motors but it was all fine. Bike has run fine since til today?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.