More XR650R Stuff

2 replies to this topic
  • Clark_Mason

Posted December 27, 2000 - 07:46 AM

In addition to what I posed earlier I have added the following goodies with good results so far.

*Removed the coolant overflow tank and went to 1.8 radiator cap available from Baja designs

The 10.5 rear spring was to heavy for me will go to a 10.0

The 0.45 vs stock 0.43 fork springs worked out well

The White Brothers R4 exhaust in combination with the stock headers saves 3.5 lbs and performes as well as the Honda HOP UP insert. The R4 has just slighly less bottom but better top (seat of the pants eval) the WB dyno chart says it waxes the stocker.

Went to 50T rear sprockett and DID "X" ring chain the only chain to buy. I do not need the 101mph top and would like a little better slow speed control. May even go to a 13T counter or a 52T rear--time will tell.

Jetting will be worked over the next few weeks right now running a 175MJ, either the 65s or the 68S PJ, the hop up 5BE needle in the #3 pos from the top its is OK but I know after a good 500 miles on the bike I will be able to dial it better.

The Scotts top tripple clamp with the Magrath/Henery bend Protapers works out excellent. The Scotts tripple clamp moves the bar location forward 12mm and when combined with the Magrathe/Henery bend bars slightly rotated forward really helps the riding position when standing--and of course the dampener is great as always. Taller riders would probably want a taller bar yet like a CR Hi bend.

I will be trying a ignition I got from XR's only said to give a slight HP and torque increase plus another 800-1000 rpm. Probably dont need the rpm untill motor work and larger headers but will report back on results soon.

Have taken about 9 lbs off the bike so far and after about two more any addional weight savings will be expensive.

Keep the rubber side down

Clark

[This message has been edited by Clark Mason (edited 12-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Clark Mason (edited 12-27-2000).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted March 17, 2006 - 08:25 PM

well, this is the last thread on the 650 forum so i thought id post in it.......it seems like a pretty good one....no real point to it though.

• frankstr

Posted March 18, 2006 - 06:30 AM

well, this is the last thread on the 650 forum so i thought id post in it.......it seems like a pretty good one....no real point to it though.

I don't see no real point to bring it back then...Well I guess I just need to consider the source...... :thumbsup: .......

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.