Scratches?

1 reply to this topic
  • Eric_F

Posted August 30, 2004 - 07:46 PM

Does anyone know of a good kit/method to remove scratches from the plastics? I have some ~1mm deep scratches in my front fender, radiator shroud, and side cover from my fall on rocks. I usually don't mind scratches, but these are so offensive, they're ugly. :thumbsup: If only my digital camera didn't go missing, I'd show you what I mean :devil:

Thanks!

Eric

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtyDude

Posted September 02, 2004 - 06:51 AM

If you have a couple hours to burn, you can use Plastic Renew. Lot of work, but looks good when done. 1 mm is pretty deep to wet-sand out.. Plastic Renew is $20, just like a new front fender. I use it for small spots on the tips of the leg guards, etc. I did the whole front fender once (it was trashed) and it took over 2 hours. And you can't use it where your leg rubs it because your leg will rub off the chemical and the shine. I would probably use it for 0.5mm scratches or less. Any more than that, I'd buy new plastic!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.