looking for yamaha shop in New England that uses a dynometer for carb jetting

7 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted June 22, 2001 - 07:25 AM

I know of a shop in CT, just north of Hartford, that uses one, but that is a distance from me in New Hampshire. I checked Brocton Cycle south of Boston, but no go.

Any one know of other YAMAHA shops in NH, MA, VT, ME?

I have trouble shooting to do to find 10HP, but am very curious on a dyno run.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, gray wire severed, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

• z4me

Posted December 12, 2001 - 04:34 AM

Dug this one back up for ya buddy.

I heard an ad on the radio the other day that Naults Windham Honda tunes bikes on a Dyno. They had a couple of different package deals 3 runs or 5 I think it was...

• MN_Kevin

Posted December 12, 2001 - 04:44 AM

Nault's?? I have heard of it, but cannot recall...

• z4me

Posted December 12, 2001 - 04:56 AM

They are about a quarter mile from Exit 3 on Rt 93.
http://www.windhammo...om/service.html

They sell Honda and Kawasaki off road machines - but I am sure they would work on the Yammie.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ChR1s

Posted December 12, 2001 - 06:47 AM

I've only had my YZF-R1 dyno'ed there, but these guys might be able to help, located in Orange, MA.

ALL SPORT CYCLE SERVICE

• MN_Kevin

Posted December 12, 2001 - 09:26 AM

Thanks, Fellas!

I wonder if either of these guys has their PLETHURA of main air jets, pilot jets, needle jets, main jets, pilot air jets, did I miss anymore jets to successfully straighten out the jetting?

One guy on the YZF250 sight has his bike dyno'd. According to the results, he was recommended to run a 155 main jet. I think he had a 170 in it! He didn't want to because of the giant jump. Taffster was all over that! Typical of the guys unaccustomed to Taffy's (misunderstood) verbage, some saw it as a blatant attack and had to defend themselves. For those of us that have been around, we don't take offense to Taffy, or his rendition of friendly :) communication :D .

It is OK Taff! You are TOP in my book!! :D

• LarryCO

Posted December 12, 2001 - 09:48 AM

Generally, how do these dyno sessions work? Do they expect you to bring your own tools and do your own jetting...while they just assist with running the dyno test and interpreting the results? Or do they provide a "trained" technician who supplies his own jets and does all the work for you?

Also, what's a ballpark figure for the cost to do such a thing?

Just curious...

Larry

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted December 12, 2001 - 02:22 PM

Kevin,
I have to let you know that I WHOLEHEARTEDLY endorse Dyno tuning. A local shop has a dyno, and I had my Banshee and my Raptor jetted on the dyno. There is no guess work involved, because the numbers don't lie. It isn't cheap, approximately 100.00 dollars plus parts, but it totally eliminates headaches. I could not believe the difference in my Banshee after being tuned. Not only was it more powerful, but MUCH more rideable. The goal of dyno tuning is rideablity, if you are looking for big numbers you won't be happy.
If you ever make the move out here I can hook you up.
Take care.
dave

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.