97 dB with HRC tip @ idle

1 reply to this topic
  • InChanWeTrust

Posted August 30, 2004 - 05:02 PM

Hey All,
I rode the Gnarley Dude this weekend, at least until I smashed my rightside radiator and shroud on a rock, and at the start the dude with the sound check equipment said "Do you have the insert?" I just looked at him funny and he went on to explain that I was at 97 dB @ idle= too loud! They let me ride, but said to get it taken care of before next ride. What do I need to do?
Chan
PS where are we all getting replacement shrouds? Maybe in Black???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrianVT

Posted August 30, 2004 - 06:29 PM

Buy a "Vortip"-type downspout or at least go to your local car muffler shop and have 'em bend you a piece to bolt into your outlet.
I tested 102db (1/2 throttle) before the downspout and 90db after with only maybe 1/4" less outlet diameter. Got it free from the muffler shop's scrap bin.
Less sound=more ground. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.