Planning for YZF Plastic!!

5 replies to this topic
  • Eric_F

Posted August 30, 2004 - 01:30 AM

Alright, from countless minutes spent searching the board, I have come to 2 assumptions, and I hope they are correct. I have a 2002 WR426F and first off, YZF plastic from that same year, excluding the radiator shrouds, should fit perfectly, correct? I realize that the left side cover will take light modification for my coolant reservoir, but that's fine. Also, does anyone have any advice/pictures of what this looks like completed? Do the YZF shrouds look like they do not belong, or is it minute clearances of a couple millimeters on installation? If need be, what should happen to get them to fit up right? The reason I'm doing this is because I'm due for new plastics, but noone sells WRF plastics as a whole kit at a decent price, so I thought I'd give a whack at YZF plastic. Now, if I do convert to a YZF tank and seat, will everything fit perfectly, or is there still a difference in where the shrouds mount?

• jchantzWR400F

Posted August 30, 2004 - 08:32 AM

The difference is where the radiator shroud mounts up to the radiator. It is slightly off. You can make it work with zip-ties. It's not perfect, but it will work and doesn't look too junkyard (if you know what I mean)

• daytripper63

Posted September 01, 2004 - 07:23 AM

I am planning on doing same, I want YZF rear fender and get rid of tail light but keep headlight. I did not know side number plates are different, what kind of mods do I need to do to make YZF side number plates fit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted September 01, 2004 - 12:46 PM

Hey daytripper.I just junked the wr rear fender off my 450, and went for a UFO YZ style rear WITH rear light and plate hanger. They are real neat, and loads lighter than stock. As the fender is their (UFO) YZ item, I can confirm it will fit with the side panels etc you have. All you need do is trim out some "knock outs" in the plastic to fit the rear resevoir and drill a hole for the wiring if you fit the light.
It looks so much beter than the stock WR item.

• daytripper63

Posted September 02, 2004 - 07:04 AM

Thanks, I ordered a YZF acerbis complete plastic kit yesterday. I am planning on keeping headlight but running everything else YZ plastic

• roktoy

Posted September 02, 2004 - 11:01 AM

If anyone is interested I have a brand new (never mounted) Clark YZ426 tank for $150 shipped. Bought it a couple months ago and have never used it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.