421 Electric Start?

6 replies to this topic
  • silent

Posted August 29, 2004 - 07:28 PM

I have been reading about a number of 450 owners removing their electric starters. I'm the opposite, I want to add one to my 2001 WR426. I have searched the web and found nothing. Any suggestions on where I might find such a kit?

Thanks,
Tim

• Eric_F

Posted August 29, 2004 - 08:34 PM

Possibly you could purchase the electronics and starter that someone removed? Just a thought. I'm not sure it'd work, though. It might take some creative engineering :thumbsup:

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted August 29, 2004 - 08:39 PM

I just love the e-start on my new 04 WR450F. It's never coming off!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mtrablue

Posted August 30, 2004 - 07:38 PM

i don't think there is any way it'll work. even if you could, the time and money it would take, you'd be better off getting a 450. maybe two.

• Hamish

Posted August 31, 2004 - 02:09 AM

It wouldnt be a financially viable project. Learn how to start the 426! They go 1st kick every time when tuned correctly. Besides the 426 is heavy enough already.

• FTD

Posted August 31, 2004 - 09:32 AM

Besides the 426 is heavy enough already.

It may be heavy... but they are slow. :thumbsup:
I cannot wait for a lighter bike... with a light... WR tranny that has the grunt of my 426.
Suzuki, KTM, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki... we'll see next year.
Hoss

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted September 01, 2004 - 02:58 AM

If the reason you feel you need electric start is you are having trouble kick-starting your bike, fit a YZ450 auto de-comp' cam. Besides, where the hell would you put a battery? :thumbsup: It would be cheaper to buy a 450 if you really want the button though. :devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.