Anyone using Gripper seat cover? good or bad?

7 replies to this topic
  • daytripper63

Posted August 29, 2004 - 06:31 PM

Is there a benefit to a gripper seat cover? or should I stick with reg. cover

• SteadyEddy

Posted August 29, 2004 - 06:54 PM

Do you find your self sliding on the seat?
If so yes
I have a gripper seat and it works a treat :thumbsup:

• WR450F_RDR

Posted August 29, 2004 - 08:46 PM

went from stock non-gripper to gripper seat and am loving it, feel more in control of bike and I dont move around on seat.

• 5valve

Posted August 29, 2004 - 10:33 PM

hello
I ride mostly enduro, 90% standing, no need for a gripper
made the cover myself for visual purposes :thumbsup:
pic
pic1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted August 30, 2004 - 01:00 AM

Love my gripper :thumbsup:
be warned. If you get on the brakes hard and you are wearing normal clothes you might get a wedgie! This only happens once, you soon learn to clamp the bike with your knees!

• kirkw

Posted August 30, 2004 - 02:29 PM

was slipping around on my stock cover. Gripper definitely keeps you in one place, but does make it a bit more of a chore to move fore and aft on the seat when sitting. Definitely worth replacing IMHO.

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 30, 2004 - 04:51 PM

I dont like the gripper seats. The stock seat cover is just right. I just like moving around on the seat if I am not standing. I think it makes more sense for MX jockeys than trail riding. :thumbsup:

• ETP

Posted August 30, 2004 - 08:19 PM

hello
I ride mostly enduro, 90% standing, no need for a gripper
made the cover myself for visual purposes :devil:
pic
pic1

Nice seat cover 5valve! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.