Titanium Kickstand

7 replies to this topic
  • scottannand

Posted June 20, 2001 - 11:10 AM

Hey guy's,
Just fitted a "TI" kickstand to my WR and dropped 1lb from the stock stand.
It has a billet machined knuckle and 1" tubeing, and a lasercut foot.
Made by the same folks that do all the works "TI" stuff for GYT-R.
Sold under the brand SRG-R. It is a very nice
weight saver for $150.00

[This message has been edited by scott annand (edited 06-20-2001).]

• YamaCazi

Posted June 21, 2001 - 03:00 AM

Man, at a $150.00 per pound, it would be cheaper to spend a little more time in the weight room.....

• *mike68*

Posted June 21, 2001 - 03:59 AM

There are other advantages to the kickstand being lighter. Watch your buddy when he lands off a big jump. The kickstand will slap down and often hit the ground. I don't think it's a big deal, but I don't like it.

Where did you get this kickstand??

• scottannand

Posted June 21, 2001 - 04:57 AM

Mike you are right,the reason a kickstand will flip down after a jump IS THE WEIGHT..this will not happen when the stand is only ounces.

As for the $150.00 a pound. You can eat steak or you can eat hamburger, you choose....good things don't come cheap. :)
The stand is available from RAH IND (661-295-5196 ext-323)
[This message has been edited by scott annand (edited 06-21-2001).]

[This message has been edited by scott annand (edited 06-21-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • *mike68*

Posted June 21, 2001 - 05:29 AM

Fill me in on where you got it from. I don't find it to be unreasonable. Can you post a pic for us??

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 21, 2001 - 06:17 AM

Mike, Good point!!! My kick stand does seem to come down too much.

• yam314

Posted June 21, 2001 - 08:38 AM

I've got a cheaper solution that saves even more weight-remove it! Takes all of 2 minutes.Another good fix though, is to use a rubberband made from a 1" piece of old rear innertube.Attach this around the top chain roller w/ a tierap.Make sure it doesn't interfere w/ the roller action.Loop around the kickstand and it will not flop.
I have been using this method for 6 mos or so w/ good results.Usually before a 2 hr race, I will remove the stand, but sometimes I will just use the band.

[This message has been edited by yam314 (edited 06-21-2001).]

• *mike68*

Posted June 21, 2001 - 08:52 AM

I don't race and not having one for the rides sucks. It makes it easier when you need to help your buddies real quick. I think buying one is the best option for me.

[This message has been edited by *mike68* (edited 06-21-2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.