Lacing Rims?

2 replies to this topic
  • nmmc999

Posted August 29, 2004 - 08:14 AM

I have two blue rims i want to put on my 450 but everybody tells me its to hard to even mess with. Should i even try it or should i take it to an bike shop and spend 200 dollors to do it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blireef

Posted August 29, 2004 - 10:43 AM

$100.00 is cheap, you'll see what he means if you try to do it yourself. You can do it if you have mechanical ability but it takes a LONG time the first couple of times you do it.. I've done a few but I don't even consider it these days.. Good Luck. :thumbsup:

• SteadyEddy

Posted August 29, 2004 - 06:49 PM

Yer i had a go last weekend at lacing my front rim, I had to give up and give it to the guys at the shop. I had the spokes positioned correctly but just couldn't seem to get the hub centred in the rim, so when I would spin the rim I could see it moving up and down.
I had to pay for an hours labour, well worth it :thumbsup: next time I have to do it ill just give it to the guys who know what there doing. :devil:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.