Tensioner release Q

3 replies to this topic
  • directconnection

Posted August 28, 2004 - 06:19 PM

Checked cam timing and found it was allready at YZ timing. Not sure the exact procedure on the tensioner. Do you let it un-wind and snap itself into position, or do you manually go past this point and ADD tension? I am guessing let it find it's own spot by unwinding itself on it's own, but the chain felt a tad looser than when i removed the valve cover for the 1st time. Probably me just being paranoid :thumbsup:

• endurodog

Posted August 28, 2004 - 08:01 PM

Yes just let the tension off, don't add tension to it once it's released.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted August 28, 2004 - 10:30 PM

what eurodog said.
After it's all back together rotate the engine a few times in the running direction by hand and it should settle in.

• directconnection

Posted August 29, 2004 - 07:29 AM

Thanx guys!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.