3 Wires....need help?

8 replies to this topic
  • TampaBoy813

Posted August 28, 2004 - 12:24 PM

YZ426 Motor
they are coming from the oil sending unit or what ever it is next to the front chain sproket....theres a Dark blue W/ White stripe, Red W/ White Stripe, White W/ Small Black lines...kinda like this [-- -- -- -- --] its a stripe with interruptions of black...do I need these wires? :thumbsup:

• Harry Paratestes

Posted August 28, 2004 - 04:27 PM

No, that is the neutral switch. There should also be a sky blue wire, if you trace it up the wiring harness and disconnect the plug you have completed the "blue wire mod" which according to legend increases voltage allowing for easier starting. If you unwrap the harness at the switch you should find that those wires aren't connected to anything, if they are, disregard everything i've said :thumbsup:

• TampaBoy813

Posted August 28, 2004 - 05:16 PM

So I dont need to hook them up to any thing?...and yah the same place the wires come from there is a light blue wire...so your sayN that I dont need any of them hooked up for the bike to run/run right?
-Paul :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted August 28, 2004 - 06:24 PM

that is what he is saying. Mine has been gone for a long time!! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TampaBoy813

Posted August 28, 2004 - 06:28 PM

is that a sight glass? if so where did you get that and what did it cost?
thanxs so much for the info.....

-Paul :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted August 29, 2004 - 03:50 AM

Dr D sells a site glass. Check out their website.

• TampaBoy813

Posted August 29, 2004 - 08:54 AM

thanxs a lot....I will have to order it today and might have my bike running today!

• mnovarossi

Posted August 29, 2004 - 05:27 PM

Hey Satch, did you notice any difference in starting with that sensor removed? I broke mine trying to remove it and was going to make a block-off plate to replace it, but I was told to keep it because it assists with starting, somehow. Thats a pretty cool sight glass, think Ill have to get one.

• Satch0922

Posted August 29, 2004 - 08:13 PM

Read this :

Blue wire mod

Does not make the bike harder to start if that is your question.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.