Maintainance schedule

3 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted August 28, 2004 - 02:52 AM

I just fitted an hourmeter to my WR and checked the YZ manual for recomended maintaiance schedule, but the manual lists it in KM's or 'races' , not hours.
Whats everyones recomendations on oil/filter/valves in terms of hours? The manual says change the oil at 1000km but do the shims at 500km. That doesnt sound right to me :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 28, 2004 - 03:11 AM

My average ride is about an hour-hour and a half after work, or longer if I can get away on weekends. My after work rides are about 30-50 kms long, and I change the oil and filter around every five rides, so every 5-8 hours roughly. On average, I guess I change the oil/filter every 200kms. The valve clearances, I have checked around every 500kms or so, always in spec'. The only time i've had to re-shim was after recently fitting the YZ450F cam :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gizabious

Posted August 28, 2004 - 03:49 PM

Oil every 3 - 4 hrs, filter every 2nd oil change = a bike that'll go for ever

• 2stroke

Posted August 30, 2004 - 05:49 AM

Deleted for spamming.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.