Hmm. How did I manage to forget that????

6 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted August 28, 2004 - 01:21 AM

Took the Wr for a blast down to the shop this morning. Got back and noticed oil pissing out of the output shaft seal.
Pulled the sprocket cover off to find that I'd somehow forgotten to bend over the lock tab :thumbsup: last time I had the front sprocket off, which was about 500km ago. This allowed the sleeve to move outwards causing the oil leak. Replaced the seal as a precaution. Lucky it didnt stuff the spline and the gearbox.

On a better note I bought a Honda (ssshh dont tell anyone!) hourmeter the other day. It has a tach feature built in which I thought was pretty trick. They are probably common place in the US of A, but this is the first one I've seen in Oz.

• SteadyEddy

Posted August 28, 2004 - 02:20 AM

so the nut around the sprocket lossened off?
bugger, lucky it didn't go to far :thumbsup:

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 28, 2004 - 02:41 AM

I thought I was the only one who did stuff like that :thumbsup: On my last dirt bike before my 426 (KLX650R), I had to replace all the water pump seals, easy enough right? Well, I finished the job, took the bike out for a good hour or more of thrashing, got home, and as I was taking my gear off, looked at the engine, and noticed that the lower rad' hose didn't look like it was on properly. I walked over to it, and as soon as my finger made contact with the hose, it came off, dumping hot coolant all over the garage. :devil: Some idiot (me) forgot to tighten the hose clamp. Lucky it didn't happen miles from home though.... :awww:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • luke_n

Posted August 28, 2004 - 05:07 PM

Didnt want to be the only Aussie not to post in this thread.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 28, 2004 - 08:41 PM

Didnt want to be the only Aussie not to post in this thread.

:awww: :lol: :devil: :thumbsup:

• Hamish

Posted August 28, 2004 - 10:31 PM

talking of aussies I'll take this oppertunity to give the DSP system I have for sale on EBAY a bit of a plug. If anyone is intrsted PM me.

• Brettv

Posted August 29, 2004 - 02:29 AM

aussie :awww: :lol: :devil: :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.