Friday the 13th Update

35 replies to this topic
  • sirhk

Posted June 26, 2001 - 10:58 AM

If deep creek is anything like it was on Sunday you'll have no problem. It was way shoallow, It might have come up to the footpegs and there was no current. I'm hoping to make the Friday ride as well but that depends on if I can get my hands on a larger tank since Ron insists that there is no possible way of me making it on the stock YZ tank. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! :)

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

• overthebars_again

Posted June 26, 2001 - 12:01 PM

Hey Ron,

I feel a sick day coming up so I'd like to go. Don't know if you remember me or not. You did the Ridgecrest ride with us awhile back.

otb_a

------------------

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 26, 2001 - 12:57 PM

Paul - I'm bummed you are not going to make it. I was looking forward to meeting you, and so far you were the guy who was traveling the most miles to join us. Tell ya what, when you are able to make it down here we will do the ride again in your honor. Another great excuse to ride! :)

Khris, the helmetcam is dead. I will get it into the shop this week for repair. For those interested, my water bottle broke in the backpack next to the camcorder. I got real thirsty 'cuase the camcorder drank all my water. Oh well, its only money.

I have a feeling you going to have a larger fuel tank by the 13th.

Swede, don't worry about the outboard motor. Deep Creek is not very deep this summer. Bring your friends!

Overthebars, your gonna be sick and we know just what you need.

I remember. I have a picture of us at Jack In The Box here at work. It makes me smile when I look at it. Oh yeah, be sure to bring Dan & Co with you.

Cant wait!

• sirhk

Posted June 26, 2001 - 01:11 PM

SWEET!!!!!!!!!! :)

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• PMAUST

Posted June 26, 2001 - 04:01 PM

Thanks Ron, your on! :) I can't make it on the 13th but sometime later in the summer I will plan a trip down there. I am looking forward to meeting you and the other guys. I can't wait to do some desert riding again this fall also. Take care, Paul

• Blue_Boner

Posted June 26, 2001 - 05:57 PM

Fellas, I'm still hoping to make the ride so keep the updates rolling. Also, I have a 3.4 gallon tank and if my buddy goes he has a 4.0 gallon tank on an XR440 that lasts forever so we should be able to spare gas for Sirhk.

------------------
98 WR400 "Strokerized"
97 EXC400
93 RMX250

• Tree_hugger

Posted June 26, 2001 - 07:56 PM

BLUE BONER??????? That has to hurt.

• sirhk

Posted June 27, 2001 - 05:32 AM

Blue Boner,
thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. I've been talking with Ron and he may be getting a YZ desert tank set up before the trip. If he does he's offered to let me use which ever setup isn't on his bike. I've got the day off from work and it seems more and more like I'll be able to make the range. I'll just owe a lot of favors to fellow riders or something. Hopefully by the next big run I'll be able to afford a tank.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 27, 2001 - 07:20 AM

Blue Boner,

I'll bring a siphon hose just in case. Good idea man. Khris should be using my stock WR tank and seat for the trip. Now I've got to decide what tank I want. Hummmm.

I know I want the SDG seat…

• sirhk

Posted June 27, 2001 - 08:14 AM

Hey Ron,
I'm curious. We'll have to swap radiator shrouds and everything right? Or are they interchangeable?

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

[This message has been edited by sirhk (edited 06-27-2001).]

• Blue_Boner

Posted June 27, 2001 - 09:10 PM

Ron, I've got the YZ 3.4 desert tank on my WR and it is great. The huge drawback is the stock YZ seat that I have with it. This seat is hard as a rock and really hurts on long trail rides. I haven't seen that SDG seat you want but make sure it is softer than a stock YZ seat. Eric

In regards to the "Blue Boner" name. I have a brother that is three years older than myself but we look like twins and somehow we got the nickname The Boner Brothers(many long stories). Now I ride a Yamaha and have become the "Blue Boner." So, no it doesn't hurt and I don't take it personally.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 27, 2001 - 10:38 AM

Blue,

Is it the IMS tank? You may want to check out the guts seat foam for your yz seat. Tip - get the tall/soft foam. It is waaaay better than the stock brick they call a seat.

• Tree_hugger

Posted June 27, 2001 - 11:31 AM

Whew!!!!! I am glad you didn't take it personally. I just thought it to be an unusual name and the picture it presented to me made me think of hurt. I respect a man willing to take the hits and smile about it. I am surprised nobody has taken a shot at Tree hugger by now, and I deserve it. You should hear some of the things the greenies call me on other fourms.

• sirhk

Posted June 27, 2001 - 11:42 AM

TREE HUGGER!! :) :D

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• Tree_hugger

Posted June 27, 2001 - 11:59 AM

Sirhc......Those are nice wheels you have on your rig. Are they made by American Eagle?

• sirhk

Posted June 27, 2001 - 12:38 PM

Yup, there American Eagles fake Alcoa. I can't remember the style number. I just bought that ride about 2 months ago in fact that picture is the one from the sales ad. I need to get access to a scanner so I can put some dirt bike pics up as well as some other stuff. I'm hoping to put gears and a locker in it soon and then do some suspension fabrication cause I'm not too happy with what it has now.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.