High altitude jetting for 99 WR400

2 replies to this topic
  • Rocky

Posted August 27, 2004 - 08:58 AM

I searched the site and did not see anything specific for this altitude.

My 400 was re-jetted for sea level couple of years ago (don’t remember what the specs were).
I moved the bike to my summer home (altitude is around 7000ft). It back fires on deceleration, also there is a little bit gurgling from ¾ to full throttle.
I dropped the main jet from 175 to 165 – no change. Also dropped the needle clip to the 2nd groove from the top.

PS: I have the stock can with the Baja insert, air box lid removed, and uni filter, gray wire is cut.
What are your recommendations?
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted August 27, 2004 - 09:50 AM

3800ft. to 8000ft. I found that a 162 main jet and stock needle on #4 clip all else is stock. At 8000ft. the bike is a little rich but still very rideable, you may want to use a 160 main then tweek the needle for your own liking. :thumbsup:

• Gee

Posted August 27, 2004 - 06:11 PM

You might want to try a smaller pilot jet as well, I'm running a 165 MJ, 42PJ, clip in 2nd postion from the top on the needle.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.