Jettting for CO and UT

3 replies to this topic
  • crashtester

Posted August 27, 2004 - 06:18 AM

Trying to get all my stuff ready for a trip to Colorado and Utah. What range of jetting should I bring? Any suggestions - 2002 xr650r "uncorked" with WB ESeries (can't remember off the top of my head, but I think 6 plates installed?)

• mmxr650r

Posted August 27, 2004 - 07:28 AM

Where in UT and CO, and what altitude?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted August 27, 2004 - 08:28 AM

• smashinz2002

Posted August 27, 2004 - 08:55 PM

Crashtester, it really depends on what altitudes you will be riding, and how restrictive your intake/exhaust is. My bike is uncorked and running the stock headers and silencer, BUT, in Colorado I use the modified stock exhaust tip which is cut to a 34mm opening w/spark arrestor intact.
In any case, I assume that you are riding in the mountains of Colorado and not the eastern plains, so that means your riding is going to be over 8000' in most cases. For this altitude and above, I always start with a 160 main jet and carry along a 150 and a 155. But I have had very good results using the 160 main and the stock pilot jet for colorado. No overheating problems since this is still pretty rich for that high of elevation, but it's not rich enough to make the bike sputter. Power is still good enough to dig trenches and scale any slope, even at engineer's pass in Colorado which is almost 14k.
Have fun man! I just got back from up there two weeks ago, it was awesome! Heres a pic from 10,500'.
Posted Image

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.