Where do I get the PLUG for the Cam Mod?

16 replies to this topic
  • TampaBoy813

Posted August 26, 2004 - 03:36 AM

I need the Plug for the head....when you remove the Decomplever from the head...to Fill the hole.

Dose any one know where I can get this? :thumbsup:

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 26, 2004 - 05:04 AM

The TT Company Store of course....

Bonzai :thumbsup:

• revolucien

Posted August 26, 2004 - 07:21 AM

on your browser type in www.thumpertalk.com and then look in the center of the page :thumbsup:

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted August 26, 2004 - 11:21 AM

I have one that I didn't, nor ever will use.

$5 and its yours.

• thumperslider54

Posted August 26, 2004 - 01:39 PM

I just removed the handle and cable and left the rest attached.Factory plugs suck.Really don't see A problem with leaving it in there.

• TampaBoy813

Posted August 26, 2004 - 06:58 PM

I have one that I didn't, nor ever will use.

$5 and its yours.

I ordered a new one right after I seen the 1st post....

• Wayne_Dowsing

Posted August 27, 2004 - 02:02 AM

Did anyone else just remove the handle and cable and left the original piece in the head??
Won't this be a better option than pushing in a rubber plug that may fall out??
cheers

• rbm33

Posted August 27, 2004 - 05:02 AM

a dime and jb weld will do the trick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TampaBoy813

Posted August 27, 2004 - 08:12 AM

Did anyone else just remove the handle and cable and left the original piece in the head??
Won't this be a better option than pushing in a rubber plug that may fall out??
cheers

what is the original piece? :thumbsup:

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 27, 2004 - 09:57 AM

Jeeeze!

You need to move your Shade Tree a little closer to the dumpster!

A Dime and some JB Weld.....an Ingestion episode waiting to happen!

Bonzai :thumbsup:

• Wayne_Dowsing

Posted August 27, 2004 - 12:48 PM

what ever came in the hole from the factory. Just unclip the cable and leave what ever is left in the head. Once cable is unclipped lever can be removed.

• grayracer513

Posted August 27, 2004 - 06:16 PM

The original decompression shaft and lever can be left in the head IF you leave the return spring on the lever so it knows where to stay. We did this on my son's 250.

You can also cut off the half round end that overhangs the right exhaust cam follower, which will eliminate the need to remove it in order to adjust that particular valve. If you make that modification, another thing is to shorten the lever by cutting it back to the shaft, not off of the shaft. This will leave a kind of nailhead on the shaft. Slide an 0 ring on the shaft where the return spring went and slip it back in place. The O ring and the remains of the lever will keep the seal from blowing out. (The TT bore plug has that feature designed into it)

• dad33

Posted August 28, 2004 - 11:25 PM

I just removed the cable from the lever. I didn't want to order and wait for another plug. I waited 2 weeks for the factory plug. That thing was a joke. It looks like they took it off a plastic milk jug. What better than the plug that's allready on there? As mentioned before, make sure that the spring loaded clip securely holds the lever in place.

• Wayne_Dowsing

Posted August 31, 2004 - 08:25 PM

Do you have a picture of mod?

Just need clarification (bit slow) - Do I remove lever and then with loose cable, unplug from head (just unclip the ball piece on the end of the cable) and remove cable completly? leaving all other stuff alone.

This is right aye???

• Lukejt

Posted September 01, 2004 - 08:10 AM

I did about the same, but took the old parts to the bench grinder and made my own plug.

The factory plug is a joke.

Lukejt:usa:

• grayracer513

Posted September 01, 2004 - 07:39 PM

Yes, that's the simplest way. Just be sure to leave the return spring on the stock lever (at the head) and take off everything above that (cable, handlebar lever, etc.)

• Wayne_Dowsing

Posted September 02, 2004 - 01:22 AM

thanks

cheers

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.