wr450f 2005

13 replies to this topic
  • foulass

Posted August 25, 2004 - 12:11 AM

Hi guys
does anyone know the release dates for the new 05 wr450f?
preferably the australian release date, but i think that will be a while after their released in the US. So if you's have at least a release date for the US it might give me an idea of the Aussie date
cheers guys!

btw, you guys should try and come out here to outback aus...sweeeeet trail riding!

• BlueRules

Posted August 25, 2004 - 12:32 AM

Hey foulass, I dont want to ask where that name came from! :devil:
I'm on the gold coast, the riding must be awesome out west, where r u?
It's gettin pretty stuffed around the coast. :thumbsup:
05 wr's, got no idea.
Talk to u!

• foulass

Posted August 25, 2004 - 03:49 AM

im in outback nsw. Broken Hill.
its pretty sweet. fairly small city in the middle of nowhere, 20000 people and the town is just surrounded in trails. theres so many, i been ridin for the last 3 years and still havent ridden them all.
a lot of open ground trails, being in the desert, so lots of long fast tracks. clay pans, old dams (great for jumps)
yeah its great to just finish work, jump on ya bike and go for a ride for an hour or so and stay within 10 minutes of home.
as for foulass, its a take off of my last name. kindof a nickname. lol.
id love to do heffos DETOUR trips up in qld there.

• SteadyEddy

Posted August 25, 2004 - 05:51 AM

hey fellow aussies,
yer Im keen as well to try out heffos tours, but i think he is based in Kiama, south coast of sydney. Any one keen to try out the cape york tours. friend of mine done one and said it rocked :thumbsup:

• beezer

Posted August 25, 2004 - 06:14 AM

I thought you got the name after you ate those vegemite sandwiches.

• BlueRules

Posted August 27, 2004 - 05:55 PM

I'd love to do a heffo's ride myself. Wives, kids, renovations, families and all that other stuff u'v got to do in life just holds me back to much!

• foulass

Posted August 27, 2004 - 10:29 PM

yeah your right. i just got heffos and cape york tours mixed up. as for the vegemite.......VEGEMITE ROCKS! only true aussies eat it.

i think you should do the tour. save up and go on your own getaway holiday from the kids and wife. itl put another 5 years on ya life. i reckon anywayz

so i guess no one knows when the 05 models are being released?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SteadyEddy

Posted August 27, 2004 - 10:43 PM

yer sorry dude,
can't help you on the release dates, maybe better off asking at one of your local dealers :thumbsup:

The wife has given me permission to save up and go to new zealand for a tour :devil: can't wait

• yamaha.dude

Posted August 28, 2004 - 12:22 AM

The 05 models are just filtering through to the US dealers now...

Look at the Australian release date as November (ish) :thumbsup: :devil:

• condog_aus

Posted August 28, 2004 - 02:13 AM

Went into my local dealer the other day and the 05 2 strokes are already here with the 4 strokes soon to follow. Within a month or so apparently. Yam Aus will be rushing them given theve sold out of all 450's.

• foulass

Posted August 28, 2004 - 03:55 AM

sweet thanks guys
i was plannin to buy a new 04 soon but i think ill see if i can reserve a 05 and get that at the end of the year hopefully. who knows!
yeah the NZ tours look awesome!!
im goin over next year but for a snowboardin holiday
stil should be great.

• xcracer123

Posted August 30, 2004 - 06:04 PM

I was just at my dealer today with a buddy looking for an 05 WR and they said November for the WR. The 2 strokes always come out sooner. Hope this helps!

• ADAM_3rd

Posted August 30, 2004 - 06:12 PM

Hey foulass here in central california there supposed to be here the first week of september.I checked with my local dealer he's talking $6,399 plus tax.hope that helps some later :thumbsup:

• foulass

Posted August 31, 2004 - 03:18 AM

cheers guys :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.