twin air power flow

4 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted August 24, 2004 - 08:49 AM

thinkin of gettin one ,anybody use it?i know it will increase top end but will it come at a sacrifice to the bottom? :thumbsup: and could you just get a replacement filter(with the backfire protection) and cut the screen out of the stock unit? it seems stiff enough to withstand it. :devil:

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 24, 2004 - 10:21 AM

I like the twin air filters. I have had 2 for over a year. I clean and rotate them every ride. They are very tough and do not fall apart like the stock unit does at the seams. They are smaller than stock and flow very well. I did not notice a HP increase. I think they make a version that allows you to remove the fire screen. Just dont know how much you will get.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted August 26, 2004 - 07:22 PM

ya i'm talkin about the one with the alum. cage and no firescreen. is the backfire proof filter the same size as stock? because you could just cut the screen out of the stock plastic cage and save mega bucks for the same effect($39 compared to $99) i was wondering about bottom end loss though? :thumbsup:

• Rich_Rohrich

Posted August 26, 2004 - 07:28 PM

i was wondering about bottom end loss though? :devil:

There will be no power difference on the top or the bottom. It's just a really well made filter that will last longer than the stocker, nothing else. :thumbsup:

• RichBaker

Posted August 26, 2004 - 07:56 PM

I cut the screen out of mine...I run UNI filters and have never had one catch fire on a backfire. When I bought a UNI for my 85 XR600, it came with a frame that had no screen, ran it for years with no problem....
It was a PITA, though, getting all the wire pieces out... :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.