To buy '03 crf450 or '03 yzf 450

4 replies to this topic
  • ryno717

Posted August 23, 2004 - 10:47 AM

I have a freind just getting into riding. The problem is he can get an 03 crf 450 0r 03 yzf 450. He asked me my opinion and of course I want to see him get the yz but I'm not sure he can handle it. I have told him about the crf valve problems and the bike he is looking at has the kibble white valve and spring kit in it. So, what should he buy, he is a new rider about 6 foot tall and 235 lbs. I love my yz and prefer it over the crf 8 days a week, but with the "smoother power delivery" of the crf and how "easy it is to ride" should I recommend the crf or yzf? Please help.

• JohnnyOfast

Posted August 23, 2004 - 12:55 PM

YZ!!!! Smoother power, easier delievery, 46 or 47 tooth sprocket will accomplish that. GO BLUE or GO TO THE PARTS BIN!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flattracker60

Posted August 23, 2004 - 01:52 PM

I've had an 02 and have an 03 CRF450. I also just bought an 04 YZ450. I have never had any valve probs with my Hondas(yet). There is something I really like about the yami that I can't quite put my finger on yet. The motor just seems tougher. It idles a lot smoother and makes much less "idle noise" than my Hondas. I feel like I don't have to be nice to it, like I can abuse it and it will take it. Hard to explain :thumbsup: I just like the motor better.

• AnthonyRohde

Posted August 24, 2004 - 01:49 AM

I just got off a CRF450'03 onto a YZ450F'04.
The CRF gave me lots of value problems. I hated it.
The YZF delivered the power in a more manageable way.
The sliced 3 minutes off the enduro loop I ride every
week over 60km with the stock suspension on the YZ.
I can't explain why I'm faster, but I wish I made the
transition sooner.

• ryno717

Posted August 24, 2004 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for the replys. That was all the proof I needed to give my buddy. He is going to pick up his 03 yz450 this week.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.