Int. Bike Show Seattle

No replies to this topic
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 11, 2000 - 10:55 PM

Went to the bike show in seattle, saw some super nice bikes, the 250f was there, looks nice although would like to know if it can haul my 200lbs around. Ktm had some good footage on the video of guys ripping it up. I was disapointed to see nothing new from Honda. and kawasaki's just look a little dated. Too much stuff to mention, over all it was a blast.
For those in the know, I ran into Helge Peterson the man who travelled around the world on a bike for 10 years. He was just spectating this year, he just completed a trip of several months, sounded like asia. If any one is interested in reading s cool book about cycle travel, check out Ten Years on Two Wheels, should be available thru Barnes & Noble, he has lived your dream and then some. I also saw him speak and do a slide show presentation that blew me away. You can see some pics of him riding a BMW 650 in high altitude switchbacks in washington on the www.cycoactive.com website, click on the bottom right hand corner for the Horsethief link. This book/guy has done some amazing stuff on a bike, the book makes a damn good xmas present to your self.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.