Bogging 2000wr400f

2 replies to this topic
  • robg

Posted August 23, 2004 - 12:31 AM

Big gun exhaust race version all runs excellent. but when i installed the silencer i got bogging when i cracked the throttle i'm hoping it's the pilot am i on the right track. the bike runs excellent without the silencer. Just not in the right decibal range for hare scrambles.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted August 23, 2004 - 03:31 AM

If it runs right without the silencer and bogs with the silencer, you're too rich on the idle circuit most likely.

Try turning the fuel screw in a little to lean it out some.

I'd turn it in all the way to seat it (counting the turns in) then back it out 1-1.5 turns (or less than whatever it is now anyhow...) or so. If that doesn't help your problem try the next step down in pilot jet size.

Let us know how many turns out your fuel screw was ok?

• robg

Posted August 23, 2004 - 09:32 PM

Thanks i'll try that

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.