Sagging Suspension

2 replies to this topic
  • Eric_F

Posted August 23, 2004 - 12:24 AM

On my 2002 WR426, I usually keep it on a jackstand when not in use. I noticed that when I take it off the jack and lower it down, the front shocks will sag ~1 to 1.5 inches under the weight of the bike itself. For some reason today was the only day I really looked for something of that nature and this concerned me. I was just wondering if this was normal, and what to watch out for as signs of suspension wear.

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted August 23, 2004 - 04:17 AM

That seems like normal sag to me. But it may be time for new front fork springs! All springs eventually fatigue and weaken.

• ncmountainman

Posted August 23, 2004 - 05:56 AM

yam makes adjustment washers that prelaod the spring p# 4SS-23364-LO i had the same prob put two of these in(two is the most)and problem solved quite cheaply. sounds like you need two also. :thumbsup: btw that p# is for the 04 with 46mm forks ,i don't know about the 426.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.