00 426 wanting to due an 03 450 exhaust cam mod??

6 replies to this topic
  • Fyrnsmk

Posted August 22, 2004 - 10:54 PM

sup guys, i have a 00 426 and want to get rid of the ritual of starting the bike, u all know what i mean. i was seriously considering it but need to know the benefits and cost, and more importantly exactly what parts i need to get. all info would be greatly appreciated! the bike runs like a champ, so i was hesitant on tearing into the motor. only motor mods are FMF power bomb and pipe. Please help. Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Fastest1

Posted August 23, 2004 - 05:38 AM

You will need the exhaust cam from a 2003 or newer 450F. You will also need the shims to adjust the valves, but you wont know those measurements til the new cam is installed. Should cost you about 100-125 dollars for the parts. Some dealers (usually the service dept) will swap shims after you find what you need. Shouldnt take you more than 3 hours your first time, about an hour and a half after that. If you go with the cam, you will have the option of keeping your compression release (ditch it) buy the aluminum pug and seal from the TT member who makes them. It is a great mod.

• Fyrnsmk

Posted August 23, 2004 - 02:37 PM

who makes the pug and seal?? which TT member

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tool

Posted August 23, 2004 - 02:47 PM

im thinking about doing the swap, but why not just ditch the lever and cable then keep the stock actuator arm on the engine? saves money, and if the bike is flooded you can still clear it out. no?

• yzf450jack

Posted August 23, 2004 - 03:12 PM

here's the plug http://shop.thumpert...lts.asp?Cat=343

• cowboyona426

Posted August 23, 2004 - 06:26 PM

im thinking about doing the swap, but why not just ditch the lever and cable then keep the stock actuator arm on the engine? saves money, and if the bike is flooded you can still clear it out. no?

1. You won't need the decomp shaft to clear it out, just kick through easy a few times.
2. The plug looks cool :thumbsup:

• Fastest1

Posted August 23, 2004 - 10:13 PM

Exactly what Satch said! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.