Shock rebuild, help

2 replies to this topic
  • dcg4403

Posted August 22, 2004 - 07:59 PM

Anyone know of a good link(s) to outline a rear shock rebuild? Or should I just send it out and save my time (if so, where?). I'm mechanically inclined but have no special tools or any experience with shock rebuilds.
I replaced the spring and dismantled the shock improperly so I loss a good amount of oil when the needle went shooting across the room. Duh. Now I know better. At least, I wasn't on the trajectory path. Ouch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted August 23, 2004 - 03:53 AM

send it to the experts!
A rear shock that isnt working correctly will spit you over the bars. Are broken bones worth the few $$ you are going to save?

• RCannon

Posted August 23, 2004 - 04:16 AM

I rebuilt the shock on my bike using the instructions from MX tech. You still need a source for nitrogen when your done.

The job was not too difficult. I would not hesitate to do it again.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.