Glad I went blue...

5 replies to this topic
  • ETP

Posted August 22, 2004 - 08:07 AM

Just got back from a 2 day trip in the mountains trail riding.
Now that I have some hours on this WR450, must say I am very pleased. It motors up and over just about anything. Very comfortable ride (after and soft foam seat mod). I am amazed how well the suspension works climbing technical stair step rocky trail sections. My endurance has increased as a result of this bike.
Except for the 03 starter design issue, its been a rock solid, and easy to maintain.

We have some major issues with dual sporting these performance models here in California now adays. I sure hope that Yamaha comes out with CA emissions compliant WR models in the future.
Thanks TT guys for helping me keep the bike in tip top shape.
Love this bike!!! :thumbsup: :devil:

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 22, 2004 - 04:45 PM

Glad you like your bike! I love my WR450. I have no complaints as well. It just keep on charging down the trail! It loves to hill climb! :thumbsup:

• John_H

Posted August 22, 2004 - 08:59 PM

Glad you like your bike! I love my WR450. I have no complaints as well. It just keep on charging down the trail! It loves to hill climb! :devil:

Ditto on the hill climbing (or maybe that's just me.)

Mine's a 426, but gotta love it. Been rock solid so far. :thumbsup: Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SteadyEddy

Posted August 23, 2004 - 12:00 AM

Nice Pic John, :thumbsup: looks very tricky

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 23, 2004 - 04:21 AM

Great hill climb John! That looks like it would be difficult when loose and it hasn't rained in a while. New Mexico? Maybe it never rains down there. Great pic!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 23, 2004 - 04:26 AM

I think Yamaha's done a great job with the WR. With every year model they address key issues with the bike, it might take them time to do it but it gets done. I've always love the blue bikes... :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.