Hey guys could you help me quick on this one?

2 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted August 22, 2004 - 07:44 AM

balance wheels

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 22, 2004 - 07:56 AM

Math, as far as I know there are 3 common wheel weights used today. The weight wrapped around the spoke (nipple end) is still used by Harley Davidson, and is pretty accurate, but you don't see them much these days. Second are the stick-on weights, which I hate, for the reasons you have already pointed out (falling off). Third are the weights that go over the edge of the rim, same as the ones found on cars. I prefer these over the stick-on ones. I would take your rims back and get them to re-do the balancing. If you explain how the sticky weights just fell off, they should fix their job free of charge..... hopefully. Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

• Math

Posted August 23, 2004 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Chris, I'm going back to the dealer tonight and will see what they can do.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.