Cracked tank!

9 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted August 22, 2004 - 01:02 AM

Whilst shimming my devol rad guards today to get rid of an annoying rattle, i noticed a crack in my tank around the top radiator cover bolt. Whats good stuff for repairing this? It doesnt leak, so mustnt be cracked all the way through, although you can see a line from the inside. Sounds like a good excuse for a YZ tank/seat. I'm guesing I'll have to change the rad covers too?

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 22, 2004 - 02:35 AM

Yep, i'd go for the YZ seat and tank. :thumbsup: Makes the world of difference, you can get heaps further forward. I used my stock WR rad' shrouds. :devil:

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 22, 2004 - 04:49 PM

I recommend the GYTR 3.4 gallon tank for the outback! :thumbsup: Do not repair the tank. We had a post with pics of a wr burning up in the desert beacuse of this! :devil:

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 22, 2004 - 04:50 PM

I recommend the GYTR 3.4 gallon tank for the outback! :thumbsup: Do not repair the tank. We had a post with pics of a wr burning up in the desert because of this! :devil: I think he had the pic in his avatar as well. :awww:

• Mike_Welch

Posted August 22, 2004 - 05:28 PM

Hey Indy,

I don't see the GYT-R 3.4 tank on Yamaha's web site. Do you have a part #? Where did you get yours? I'm assuming you had to use YZ shrouds?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted August 22, 2004 - 06:24 PM

Part number is: GYT-5TA31-00-RB
You can get it online from Yamaha of Troy link:
http://www.yamahaoft...peCode=&Second=
:thumbsup:

• SteadyEddy

Posted August 23, 2004 - 12:06 AM

I recommend the GYTR 3.4 gallon tank for the outback! :awww: Do not repair the tank. We had a post with pics of a wr burning up in the desert because of this! :thumbsup: I think he had the pic in his avatar as well. :lol:

Yer I remember seeing the photos of that, I went and got insurance that would cover fire, theft and damage in transit after seeing those.
Cracked tank mighten leak now but could when you least expect it :devil:

• Hamish

Posted August 23, 2004 - 04:00 AM

I'll keep an eye on it and only fill up 1/2 way till I can afford a new one. If it does leak it's only going to run down the shroud and onto the ground. On the subjet anyone know how many litres the WR and YZ tanks are?

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 23, 2004 - 04:15 AM

10 litres is stock WR tank. The GYTR tank is 13 litres.
The useless YZ tank is about 7 litres. Carry 3 - 5 litres on your back pack if you go for the YZ tank. I like the GYTR since you can fill it low for short rides and it carrys the gas lower than a YZ tank and you never feel it sloshing around! :thumbsup:

• 5valve

Posted August 23, 2004 - 06:00 AM

is that the tank from 450.com?
looks transperent

my WR has stock 12 litre, but the fuel weight is shipped up insted low

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.