Weird problem... engine dies when you turn the handle bars to the Rt??

6 replies to this topic
  • Hopper

Posted August 21, 2004 - 07:34 PM

Has anyone seen this problem before? The engine will die just before the forks reach full turn, (about 1/2 inch before full turn is met). I've looked around the forks and there are no wires exposed or being pinched... just don't get it... Please help is ya can. Tks.

• tdd6405

Posted August 21, 2004 - 07:53 PM

try to pull your throttle cable out a little bit so it doesnt get pulled tight when u turn the wheel

• cowboyona426

Posted August 21, 2004 - 08:28 PM

I would double check the kill switch wires (especially if you run tall bars) and the decompression lever cable (if you haven't done the 450 cam mod).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted August 22, 2004 - 12:53 AM

I wouldn't mind betting your decomp cable doesnt have enough freeplay and it pulling your ex valve open when you turn your bars

• Satch0922

Posted August 22, 2004 - 03:17 AM

I would double check the kill switch wires (especially if you run tall bars) and the decompression lever cable (if you haven't done the 450 cam mod).

He's back!! (and he is correct.....)

• John_Lorenz

Posted August 22, 2004 - 07:07 AM

The decomp is engaging

check the route of the decomp cable.

• Jeffro426

Posted August 22, 2004 - 07:47 AM

Yup, probably the decompression cable...when i tore my bike apart last year i had this coiled spring left over and couldnt for the life of me remember where it went. After my first ride every time i would turn the bars right, it would make this nasty sounding knocking noise and would die 9 out of 10 times....turns out that spring was what kept enough tension on the decompression lever at the head to keep it from engaging! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.