Sierra Fire near Boomtown ????

11 replies to this topic
  • Howard_Huge

Posted June 18, 2001 - 05:09 PM

Anyone know if the fire in the Sierras in between Truckee and Reno going to stop the Nevada 200 from happening?

smoked, huge

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted June 19, 2001 - 09:42 PM

I hope not.

• MADCHAD

Posted June 20, 2001 - 10:18 AM

Originally posted by Howard Huge:
Anyone know if the fire in the Sierras in between Truckee and Reno going to stop the Nevada 200 from happening?

smoked, huge

THE FIRE IS MOSTLY SOUTH OF I 80 IN THE MT. ROSE WILDERNESS AREA AND SOME PRIVITE PROPERTY. DONT THINK THE 200 GOES THROUGH THERE BUT I DON'T KNOW THE ROUTE.THERE IS A LOT OF SMOKE THOUGH.

• MONTY

Posted June 20, 2001 - 06:39 PM

HOWARD i HAVE IT ALL TAKEN CARE OF IT WILL BE OUT BY SAT,3;30PM
MONTY

• Howard_Huge

Posted June 22, 2001 - 11:15 AM

THINK POSETIVE, WEAR NOMEX RIDING GEAR!!!!!
Malcom Smyth Depends with opional fire hose attatchment required for this ride :)
still smok'in,huge

• MONTY

Posted June 22, 2001 - 01:17 PM

Just came back from dust devil web page the reno 200 is off due to the fire.You go to the web site and look at

www.dustdevilsmc.com

monty
ps. sorry howard i did have it under control but lostm it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 22, 2001 - 01:24 PM

Real time fire info @:
http://wildfire.usgs.gov/Public.html

• MONTY

Posted June 22, 2001 - 03:25 PM

Howard,MIKE,Brian I will still be going to boomtown on the 29th to ride there is some good rideing up there you ride all the the way to 395 to border town get some cooldrinks and then back to boomtown for swiming and night life YEHHH. YA'L come now here.
monty

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 22, 2001 - 08:43 PM

So are you offering to guide the Monty 200? Where do you hit 395?

Brian

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted June 23, 2001 - 02:56 AM

Monty I'll be there!

Huge, where did you see those flame resistant depends? We might need them!

Brian, you may want to get little rover fitted with an asbestos jacket for this one :) ....

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 23, 2001 - 06:10 AM

Brian, Are you still going to Reno? My dad and brother were planning on going too, now that the ride is cancelled we have decided to go to Kennedy Meadows for the weekend, I mean you've already made arrangements with work and family members to get the time off dont waste a great weekend and not go, if you guys decide not to go to Boomtown you should join us in Kennedy Meadows, my family has been riding up there for over 20 years and we know the area very well, this would be a good time for someone who has always wanted to ride there but dont really know the trails, as my dad is an awsome guide and great rider..

I dont know where you guys are driving from but if it's feasable to get there we would love to have you guys.......

Dan

• MONTY

Posted June 23, 2001 - 11:29 AM

Brian you hit 395 at boardertown north east of boomtown nice ride, if they will let us in there.Randy e-mailed me that he talked to the dust devile and they said that some roads are closed but then thats a week away yet and i'll still be going I need the time off.
monty

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.