broken fcr slide

3 replies to this topic
  • 1rkcooper

Posted August 21, 2004 - 06:13 PM

I've had a little bad luck with old blue. Went to start it yesterday after work and had very little compression to speak of. Needless to say it wouldn't start. On the way to work it acted a little odd in the fact that the revs stayed up. Got it home and tore it apart and found that my slide in the carb has broken apart. Where do broken pieces go.....inside the cylinder of course. Went in even farther and found misc pieces inside. Luckily nothing else was injured other than the carb slide.

The question is where can I find a quality replacement? The stock slide is very cheezie.

1998 Wr 400 is the bike, FCR carb.

• 1rkcooper

Posted August 22, 2004 - 04:45 PM

Somebody must know where and if you can buy an aftermarket slide or do I have to go to Yamaha?????????? I have been looking and haven't found one yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dkwok

Posted August 23, 2004 - 04:11 AM

a fren of mine from tis part of the world sells it,
i am sure he will see tis & contact u soon,
:thumbsup:

• Lheffe

Posted August 23, 2004 - 08:55 PM

My carb's slide plate cracked too, but luckily I was cleaning it out and caught it before it had a chance to get sucked into the intake. Very scary to see.

For all FCR and Mikuni carb parts, contact:

SUDCO International Corp.
3014 Tanager Ave
Commerce, California 90040
PH 323 728-5407
FAX 323 728-8060
WEB: www.sudco.com

Parts are waaaay less expensive. For instance, a slow jet from the dealer costs about $12 in Arizona. From Sudco it is about $3. The carb slide isn't cheap, but you'll always get a better deal at Sudco than the factory.

Hope this helps.

-Jeff

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.