426 paddle tire recomendations?

8 replies to this topic
  • dezert_dominator

Posted August 20, 2004 - 10:00 PM

I know they have 6,8,10 paddles. Do they have different size tires also. I dont want my paddle to rub anywhere. Please help I want maximum traction with no rubbing.
:thumbsup:

• Jeffro426

Posted August 21, 2004 - 08:30 AM

I had a 10 paddle for dune ridding...did perfectly fine!

• dezert_dominator

Posted August 21, 2004 - 01:53 PM

What brand was it?

• SSpeeDEMONSS

Posted August 22, 2004 - 05:08 PM

i have a 10 paddle sand snake and later on when glamis season opens up i will step it up to a 10 paddle hooker. sand snakes, chen shings, hookers, they are all good paddles. 8 or 10. whichever you get will work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • notuagn

Posted August 22, 2004 - 08:46 PM

I use a 10 paddle 19" chen shing paddle tire. It hooks up in the sand and goes. Just make sure you have enough room between your tire and front of swing arm. I had the same tire on my old YZ 250 and it was too close to the swing arm at the front of the tire and it tore up my mud flap. :thumbsup: Just make sure your chain is long enough to fit the tire in there.

• SSpeeDEMONSS

Posted August 24, 2004 - 08:23 PM

i usually take the mud flap off. all of my friends do it as well. it may not be the best thing for the rear shock but ive always done it.

• socalduner

Posted August 25, 2004 - 01:54 PM

i usually take the mud flap off. all of my friends do it as well. it may not be the best thing for the rear shock but ive always done it.

We take our mud flaps off to but we take an old oil jug or something similar and make a flap to use with the paddle tire. Works great and is cheap to. :thumbsup:

• dezert_dominator

Posted August 29, 2004 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for all of your input.

• noslo98

Posted August 31, 2004 - 08:13 AM

I ran a 10 paddle dune hopper on my first trip and i did not care for it due to i was getting beat bu friends with the 8 paddle kings with the same bike. The 10 paddle tahes too mutch power to run unless you have a 500 two stroke or bigger from what I have seen. Also the kellts on the side of the tire make a big difference. W/o them i was all over the mtn wwhen i was trying to scale the top. I also run the kings front tire ist like a razorbak its awesome.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.