Bike just not the same after drenching

1 reply to this topic
  • Gee

Posted August 20, 2004 - 07:57 PM

I'm looking for ideas on what could be wrong with my 98 wr400. The bike has worked great up until a few weeks ago when I got rained on steadily for about 2 hours. Every since the drenching the bike has become hard to start, (I have to use the hot start even when cold, no choke) and misfires at low RPMS. It backfires now when decelerating, it never used to backfire much at all. It seems to act up between 1/8 1/2 throttle.
Here's what I've tried:
Changed plug
Drained gas and replaced with new gas
removed carb and blew out all jets with air, drained float bowl, cleaned out accel pump..checked for vaccum leaks..etc
It seems slightly better now but is still not running right, any ideas? I love the bike but am getting tired of trying to fix this problem! help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted August 21, 2004 - 01:40 AM

Check to see if your carb vent lines are plugged and check the coil push on connector for corrosion and rust. Just a thought--WR Dave. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.