stock yzf seat vs sdg seat.

5 replies to this topic
  • spy

Posted August 20, 2004 - 05:24 AM

Need help regarding these two seats. Would like to know the main differences because want to decide between these which to get. Thanks :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:03 AM

the sdg seat is good. I had a tall seat for my 426 and now the 450 tall seat. I like them much better than the stock seat. Decent gripper cover and lighter than stock.

• fastenuf4u

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:17 AM

I second the SDG. I have had mine for awhile and it has held up well and the gripper material works very well. I don't remember if it is any more comfortable than stock but I didn't buy the bike to be sitting more than 30% of the time!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spy

Posted August 20, 2004 - 06:33 AM

How about a stock seat with as good gripper cover as the sdg, would the sdg still stand out? Thanks :thumbsup:

• fastenuf4u

Posted August 20, 2004 - 09:51 AM

From what I hear the amount of work to put on a gripper seat cover would turn me away from it. Also, most gripper seats are close to the same price as the SDG. I am planning on swapping my stock seat out when I sell the bike and use the SDG on my new bike (as long as it fits!).

• mikedabike

Posted August 20, 2004 - 02:32 PM

Buy the SDG the foam in the stock seat sucks. I tend to sit alot and after about 15 minutes with the stock seat my arse would be killing me. I can go all day with the SDG.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.