Synthetic Oil

4 replies to this topic
  • Eric_F

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:01 PM

Has anyone tried using sythetic oil in their WR's? I was wondering if it would be okay to use the Mobil 1 with the red cap. It is labeled as 15W-50.

• 450pmp

Posted August 19, 2004 - 07:13 PM

That's what my dealer reccommended using after breakin and I'll be using it. I think the only issue is price but the quality is worth it I think. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted August 19, 2004 - 09:04 PM

I use Castrol ACT-EVO 10w40 year-round, even in the Tucson heat....works great! :thumbsup:

• 5valve

Posted August 19, 2004 - 11:35 PM

I always use synthetic, the bike revs, overheats..
ELF is the brand Posted Image , 10W-50, pretty sizy temp. range, lasts about 700 miles

• tigerowner_ut

Posted August 20, 2004 - 05:48 AM

I have seen the oil analysis of Mobil 1 15w-50. It has molybdenum in the additive package. Moly can cause your clutch to slip. Go to your local truck stop and buy Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic. No Moly and is formulated with a good buffer package to neutralize combustion acids. Most other diesel oils are also safe. Shell rotella 5w-40 is a lower class synthetic ($12.80 / gallon at walmart) that is safe and popular as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.